Andrew McKay

Default New Electrical Regulations

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:07:31 +0100, Peter Parry
wrote:

However, I think the major problem with the new regulations is that
they will encourage far more use of extension leads and similar ad
hoc solutions rather than improvements to fixed installations. This
will decrease safety rather than increase it.

Exactly. The way I see it there will be more people refusing to carry
out work due to the restrictions imposed by the new regulations. That
will leave fewer practitioners in the industry. Those that are left
will most likely charge more. End result could be that the end user
decides to do the job himself, without any regard to the regs at all.

We could easily see more deaths and injury result from the stupid
application of these regulations.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk