Peter Taylor

Default Some good news and some bad news

geoff wrote
So you're saying it's in B#flat then ...

Sort of - depends on the temperature and the coefficient of expansion of the
piano strings - but there or thereabouts.

I bet my parents wish I had learned that piece when I was young

I tried to learn it but it was too hard. I was only 6 and the piano lid was too
heavy. Besides, I could tell the time at that age.

You can watch a complete performance of it on line if you have Real Player.
It's at
http://home.flash.net/~jronsen/cagelinks.html Scroll down to where it says
Online Video Item 4 or search for 4'33". It even has background sounds of

jet
airliners and a police siren!

Err .. I'll pass on that one, despite the fact that I accidentally
missed it on the radio a couple of months ago

Oh NO!! Did you miss it? That was the best performance I never heard! I've got
it on tape somewhere if you'd like to not hear it.

I reckon they are all practical jokers really. I can just see John Cage or
Tracey Emin getting home after a long day at the silent piano or at the Tate,
and laughing their socks off at all the idiots who've been taken in.

Exactly

A bit like the current egg card adverts

Never watch adverts, but I expect you're right!

OK, it's time for me to go to "My Bed" and think of "All the people I ever slept
with". On second thoughts no, the thought of Tracey Emin puts you off don't it?
G'night. )

Peter