Gort

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...

In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...

"I'm 52. You've shocked me. I'm surprised you were an adult in the
period
between the REAL Bush's presidency and now, and somehow managed not to
notice some contradictions to what YOU have said in the past day or
two. For
instance, we OWNED the borders of Iraq in almost total safety during
those
years. "

LOL And once again it's Doug Kanter doesn't have a clue as to what
he's talking about. He seems to equate age with knowledge, yet at 52 he
doesn't even know geography. The two borders that are the biggest
problem in Iraq are the borders with Syria and Iran. The US never had
any control over those.

Age is relevant. If he'd said he was 22, then it would be possible he was
still in the teenage stage of being oblivious during the first half of the
1990s.

So what's *your* excuse for being so ignorant?

I take it you do not work in a profession which involves trying new things,
or you wouldn't have such doubts about what's possible and what's not. You
simply choose not to entertain the ideas to start with. Stop some weapons
from moving to the exact place we knew they'd go? Not possible.

I'm curious as to what your Politically Correct justification for
interfering with trade between two sovereign nations would be.
The job of enforcing U.N. sanctions is the responsibility of the U.N. ,
not the U.S. They had, at least fleetingly, access.
That they failed to do anything at all is obvious.

inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.