Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
"Legal: No mature, intelligent person is unaware of why liquor is legal
but
marijuana is not. Even many cops think it's absurd.
I'm sure you feel that Clinton's sex life was a bigger problem
than sending our soldiers to their deaths for reasons whose validity
keeps
evaporating. "

How about perjury? What do mature, intelligent persons think about a
president who is sworn to uphold the Constitution and enforce the laws
of the US committing perjury? Is that OK too, as long as they are
intelligent? Is it OK if we all do it as long as we're intelligent and
feel it's justified?

When lies are told in court, it's perjury. When lies are told on television
over and over again, it's not perjury. Lies are lies and the label you apply
does not matter. I don't think Clinton's lies were OK. I think Bush's are
worse for two reasons. First, they're costing the lives of our soldiers and
that is inexcusable. Second, he claims to be deeply religious, and yet he
still lies to this country.

So, apply some scale to the two situations. They are quite different.

And last time I checked, the House and Senate approved the war in Iraq,
though many of them, for political purposes, would like to have you
believe otherwise. Did you complain when US troops lost their lives in
Bosnia, Kosovo, Somalia or the US Cole? Or was that OK, because it was
a different president?

Bosnia, Kosovo, Somalia: Only a lunatic likes to see soldiers die. But, the
intent of these campaigns was purportedly to save people from bad things, to
use a simplified reason. Your president said the same thing about Iraq -
save Iraqis from a leader who killed his own people. Remember? So, let's not
assign relative value to wars, OK?

As far as the Cole, do you think I should write to my legislators and your
president and complain about the bombings in London?