Tony Hwang

SQLit wrote:
"AL" wrote in message ...

Need some advice.

Hot and humid weather here (NE WI) has made the attic very warm (hot).

When

we open our closet doors upstairs, you can feel the heat roil in from the
attic/crawl space that surrounds them (1.5 story house).

Was thinking about adding an attic fan to remove the hot air from the

attic

to the garage. When I purchased the fan and got it home, I realized that

didn't have any vents in my soffits for the attic. The only ventilation

for

the attic is a ridge vent and a small hole in the wall that leads to the
attached garage. The instructions stated that some type of "intake"
ventilation is necessary in order for the attic fan to be used.

What are my options?

Is there any reason why I can't install the fan

without having any type of "intake" ventilation?

With out a supply/intake and a place to exhaust the fan will not do
anything.

Hi,
It may even disturb inslation sitting above ceiling for an instance.
Tony