Doug Kanter

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:
"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message

Yes,Saddam was running trucks of petro products to Syria so that they
could
sell the oil and the money would go back to Saddam,avolding the UN
sanctions.
Heck,the US does not even "own" it's own borders.

If I'm hearing you correctly, you're saying it's OK that although there
HAD
to be people from state, military & intelligence departments telling Rove
that weapons would be moved to Syria, you're fine with him doing nothing
about it.

And, you're also saying that even if he had ordered such operations, it
would have been hopeless, so it's better that we did not try.

Correct?

You have an amazing talent for reading things that simply are not there.

Well, you seem to be trashing an entire universe of ideas. But, let's review
again:

Colin Powell brought satellite images to the United Nations and said they
showed that the WMD problem was real. Let's assume for the moment that this
was correct, rather than get into a quagmire about whether or not they
existed.

Right now, many of our troops spend their days slowing down traffic to check
vehicles for bombs or bad people or whatever. Some of them are being killed
when these vehicles turn out to be booby trapped.

If, with the help of airborne reconaissance, they did the exact same thing a
year earlier in a more open environment where it's difficult for snipers to
hide, do you think it would've been better, worse, or the same? If worse,
explain why.