Jim Yanik

(Doug Miller) wrote in
m:

In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

Based on these last responses of yours, I need to either know your
age, or end this discussion.

I'm 53.

How old are you?

I'm 52. You've shocked me. I'm surprised you were an adult in the
period between the REAL Bush's presidency and now, and somehow managed
not to notice some contradictions to what YOU have said in the past
day or two. For instance, we OWNED the borders of Iraq in almost total
safety during those years.

What on earth are you talking about, "we owned the borders of Iraq"
(during the Clinton years)? We had exactly NO troops on the ground
there at that time, and exactly NO control over its borders.

Yes,Saddam was running trucks of petro products to Syria so that they could
sell the oil and the money would go back to Saddam,avolding the UN
sanctions.
Heck,the US does not even "own" it's own borders.

And now, we have troops there, many of whom spend their days doing
nothing but searching vehicles. Controlling the smuggling of weapons
would have been quite a bit easier if we'd done it BEFORE your
president turned the place into a free-for-all.

Reality-check time... we didn't have ANY control over it when Saddam
was in power.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik