Rick

"Andrew Keen" wrote in message
news:cc_Be.251$ij3.9@trndny06...
I need to replace an indoor railing, balusters, and newell post and

need
some advice as I have not done this before.

Is this a project for a reasonably handy non-carpenter guy or should

this be
left to a professional?

If I decide to tackle this, not quite sure how to measure it out

before my
trip to the local Home Depot or Lowes.

Any advice from those who have been there done that is appreciated.

thanks,

You're picking a job to start on that's usually left to the more
experienced trim carpenter. But since you already have one to use as
an example, it depends a lot on how many good tools you have, what
kind of balustrade you choose, and what kind of results are acceptable
to you. I suggest when you go to the stores you browse through a few
trim carpentry books first...