Duane Bozarth

HeatMan wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
HeatMan wrote:

An "electric furnace" other than some (standard) resistance "emergency
heat" resistance elements shouldn't be necessary at all if you have

Duane, when I took a geo class, I found out all Geo units come (fairly)
standard with resistance heat back-up. I didn't think much of it at the
time, but what would happen if you blew a compressor (or a similar

problem)
during the winter. Heat is a necessity, AC is a luxury(or so they say).

What about "some (standard) resistance "emergency heat" resistance
elements" was unclear in my previous post????

If the unit isn't working, yes, the resistance heating elements will
come on--what I was pointing out is that there should have been nothing
about an alternate electric furnace in the cost proposal as was
apparently told to the OP. The geothermal heat source/sink should be
adequate for normal heating/cooling source/sink for something like 95%
so the "emergency" elements are simply that. If the system is sized
such that they are required for a significant fraction of the heating
period, the system is too small and will not be cost-effective. As
for the "necessity" argument, if your gas furnace blower were to fail or
you were to lose electric service when it were cold you could easily be
w/o heat, too.

yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever.....

????????