George

Rich wrote:
"Ray" wrote in message
news:PXQBe.40$Tx1.24@trnddc03...

As a general rule, which is better, latex or oil paint?

We live in a coop and one of the residents are insisting on oil for our
exterior woodwork. Most others want to cover with a good primer then a
latex finish.

This may or may not apply, but what I did was add a room in my basement and
used the oil based paint left over from the upstairs trim (Custom home, pro
painter). I then added two more rooms and decided to use latex as it was
easier to clean up, I was really disappointed in the results of the latex.
The oil based trim and doors looked better and cleaned up easier than the
latex so I paid for performance by making clean up easier. I learned my
lesson and will always use oil on trim and doors.

Rich YMMV

Unfortunately you may need to get in your time machine to do it. Good
oil base
paints have pretty much disappeared with only a minimal selection of newer
questionable quality low VOC paint now available.