Doug Miller

In article , Sherman wrote:

Ok, I'm also thinking I could pull the valve cover and observe the
valves when hot or cold. What am I looking for? As the crank lets
the valve close, it should become loose and I should be able to grab
the stem and lift and let go and hear the valve seating - right? It
would probably be a different sound if it was not seating.....

Forget the damn valves, that's not the problem. You've been given sound advice
by several people: check to see if you have spark when it's hot and not
working. I'm betting you don't, because the magneto has failed.

--
Regards,