Duane Bozarth

Sherman wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:05:59 GMT, Sherman
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:16:11 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Sherman" wrote in message
. ..

I removed the gas filter bowl and it was clean. No change after
cleaning and reinstalling. Started right up and ran for 10 minutes..

After it dies hot, it will not start or even try to start. The pull
compression feels about the same hot or cold. But I can't measure the
vacuum (or can I?)

Has to cool down and at some point it cools enough to start on first
pull and runs good for 10 minutes.

I fail to see the problem. With a strategically placed cooler of beer, you
are being forced by nature to take appropriate breaks. This is for yourgood
health.

Actually, I lied. My spouse does the mowing and she is getting
angry at me because the mower is dying. Don't get me wrong, I will
mow when it needs it, but in 30 years, she has never let it get long
enough to need it.

I need to get this thing diagnosed and fixed pronto.

I'm thinking I could use one of those piercing shroeder valves on the
intake manifold to measure for vacuum while I yank the rope. Wonder
if it would work. Or I could test compression thinking maybe the
compression would be different if the suction was off due to valve not
seating..

Sherman

Ok, I'm also thinking I could pull the valve cover and observe the
valves when hot or cold. What am I looking for? As the crank lets
the valve close, it should become loose and I should be able to grab
the stem and lift and let go and hear the valve seating - right? It
would probably be a different sound if it was not seating.....

If they're not seating, you won't have compression when you crank...

Did you find out if you have spark when it's hot or not yet? I'm still
thinking electrical is more likely the culprit...