Sherman

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:16:33 GMT, Sherman
wrote:

My 4 year old lawnmower gets hot and dies. I can mow for 15 minutes
and it coughs and sputters and then shuts down completely and will not
restart - for 15 minutes. Then it will start and runs another 10
minutes.

Seems to be a heat related issue. I cleaned out the debris and
replaced the spark plug. No change.

What could be wrong and how do I determine it?

Sherman

This is a push mower Craftsman about a 4 hp.

I removed the gas filter bowl and it was clean. No change after
cleaning and reinstalling. Started right up and ran for 10 minutes..

After it dies hot, it will not start or even try to start. The pull
compression feels about the same hot or cold. But I can't measure the
vacuum (or can I?)

Has to cool down and at some point it cools enough to start on first
pull and runs good for 10 minutes.

I will check for spark next time it is dead.

Sherman