No

I would use an epoxy paint and clean prep as the manufacturer recomends.

One manufacturer has this to say..
http://www.rustoleum.com/EPOXYShield...TipType=G#HTPS

"Remove any oil or grease spots on your floor. Use a scrub brush and a
cleaner/degreaser (such as Simple Green®) or use a solvent such as mineral
spirits. Scrub the spot thoroughly and wipe up excess cleaner with rags or
paper towels to keep contaminants from spreading. Rinse thoroughly with
fresh water. Repeat as necessary to completely clean."

Muriatic acid is not a degreaser its basicly diluted hydrocloric acid.

"seniorgeezer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am about to buy a house which has a garage with major oil stains all
over the garage floor. The stains appear to be old ... maybe put down
over a couple year time frame.

I am thinking about cleaning the floor with muriatic acid. Then I
intend to paint the floor with a couple coats of patio concrete deck
paint.

Does anyone have experience with this. Will the paint hold for a least
a couple years? Are the stains likely to show through over a couple
years?

Thanks for your input,

bob