Edwin Pawlowski

"Photograffiti" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had some QuickStep laminate flooring installed a while back. And I'm
not sure if I didn't notice it then or it just started happening, but
my floor creaks really loud when I walk on it. It is especially
noticeable in areas where there are not any furniture to weigh it down.
I'm assuming this means that it is uneven? The contractor that
installed it used 4-5 bags of float to level my floor. I guess he
didn't do a good job?
Is there anything I can do now to stop this? It's quite annoying.
Thanks.

Could be a lot of reasons, not just that the floor is uneven.

Did he allow enough room at the perimeter for expansion? Was the floor laid
in cooler dryer weather and now it is expanding and causing buckling? If
the floor is hitting hte wall, it may be possible to relieve the ends to
allow it to lay flat again. It may lay down once hte weather changes also.