Rick

"Rick" wrote in message
link.net...

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:ImOBe.16872$rx4.2709@trndny05...

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in

message

I took a small engine repair course years ago. To fix this, you

have to
take
off the motor cover, the cylinder head, and then remove both

valves. Grind
little off the bottom, ch eck the clearance, and put it back

together.
Requires some specialized tools, and some replacment gaskets.

What makes for less clearance after 4 years of running? I'd have

thought
the opposite would happen. Or is it worn on the stem and not

contacting
properly so relieving the valve seat brings it back?

No, the valve seat sinks into the block. There's supposed to be a
little clearance between the lifter and the tip of the stem, so you
grind the end off.

That's for the more common valves in block type., not on an OHV..

Or the seat and the valve face wear. In that case, seat and valve
regrind or replacement....