Rick

"Rick" wrote in message
link.net...

"Sherman" wrote in message
My 4 year old lawnmower gets hot and dies. I can mow for 15

minutes
and it coughs and sputters and then shuts down completely and will

not
restart - for 15 minutes. Then it will start and runs another 10
minutes.

Seems to be a heat related issue. I cleaned out the debris and
replaced the spark plug. No change.

What could be wrong and how do I determine it?

Sherman

Lots of things...

But check for spark next time it happens-if not, you need a new
magneto coil. That's about $40

If it has a primer bulb, see if it's collapsed-could have a plugged
pickup tube screen in the gas tank. You drop the tank to clean that

Oh yeah-check the vent on the gas cap, too. Do the simple things
first...