Stormin Mormon

Sounds like a valve clearance problem to me. Either that, or the fuel line
is too close to the engine. But more likely valve clearance.

I took a small engine repair course years ago. To fix this, you have to take
off the motor cover, the cylinder head, and then remove both valves. Grind a
little off the bottom, ch eck the clearance, and put it back together.
Requires some specialized tools, and some replacment gaskets.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Sherman" wrote in message
My 4 year old lawnmower gets hot and dies. I can mow for 15 minutes
and it coughs and sputters and then shuts down completely and will not
restart - for 15 minutes. Then it will start and runs another 10
minutes.

Seems to be a heat related issue. I cleaned out the debris and
replaced the spark plug. No change.

What could be wrong and how do I determine it?

Sherman