mark

"SQLit" wrote in message

"les" wrote in message

Hello...
I 'm considering running 3 new conduits from circuit braker panel to the
kitchen, but on second thought that's more piping than I really feel

like
doing. But my question is if the codes frown on combining 3 separate
circuits within one conduit line.
I have no firm reason to see what hazard this would present assuming
wire guage and insulation are sound, but I need some expert voices to
set me on the correct path.
I plan to run 10 guage solid copper for 15 amp service.
I expect codes to vary regionally, so I'd like to hear the most

stringent
opinions and perhaps any for Chicago area too.

Thanks

Your going to hate yourself when you try to pull 10 solid. For the pennies
that it costs more use stranded, then pigtail out in solid.
as others have said 10 is definitely going to carry the 15 amp load, 12
would be my choice unless your talking a hundred feet.
Yes you can run 3 circuits from a single phased residential service. All

you
need to do is derate for the combined wiring. Again 12 would be plenty.

What are you going to be using this 15 amp circuit for? Outlets in

kitchens
must be 20 amp circuits, and usually gfci now days. Microwaves are best

put
on their own circuit. Same for dishwashers and disposers.

As someone else kindly pointed out romex would be easier to work with an
less expensive as well.

But if you are in Chicago and most burbs romex and bx cable are not code.