Nehmo

Default Wood Staricase Repar, How?

I have an ornate wood interior staircase that is several decades old.
Many of the railing joints are loose to one degree or another, and I'm
going to make them more solid. It would be chore to disassemble &
reassemble the entire railing assembly to repair, so I'm trying to come
up with another method.
I've never done this, but is it a reasonable idea to drill holes, say
3/16" diameter, to every joint (in places that aren't very visible) ,
and then use a syringe to pump some polyurethane glue into the joints?
In some places I could also drill holes and insert trim screws.

Recommendations welcome.

--