PaPaPeng

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:28:21 -0400, "Upscale"
wrote:

I have to laugh at the ad where they're out camping and they've got three
different types of battery operated pumps for inflating a mattress, soccer
ball an inflatable boat. It's not enough that they're promoting one these
things, but that they're trying to convince the consumer that the needs
three of them.

Well when CT sold all those inflatable garage dust collectors, and
they must leak an awful lot, something had to blow up even if its
only the cluless consumer's bank account.

Will we be seeing portable hand operated or gas operated battery
chargers anytime soon to keep all those batteries juiced up to run
those cordless thingies? Come to think of it a weedwacker engine
sized gas operated battery charger is something I'd buy.

Another mind boggling ad is where the kids at the campground refused
to come out from the SUV because they had been watching movies on
their portable DVD player for the last three hours. Why the heck
would any mom bring along such a device to go camping?

But like it or not CT's ad had us watching and laughing. That's brand
identification by any measure. Although we may never buy any of the
stuff advertised we will still think of CT first for the stuff we do
need. After all one guy stuff store is like any other and the prices
not that much different. That said I'll never be caught dead with any
of the refuelling station or wash station stuff. I'll get no end of
ribbing from the neighbors.