Brian S Gray

Default Recommendation for a thermostatic shower?

On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:39:47 +0200, "Joe" (@((I.(( wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
.. .
I will be installing a new shower shortly and was wondering if any of
you had particular recommendations? Any pros and cons to look out for?

The water system provides hot and cold water at mains pressure
(modulating combi). Static water pressure is OK ( 3bar), flow rate up
to about 15l/min is available from the hot supply - although I would
like to use less than that so as to have something left for the rest of
the house.

--
Cheers,

John.

You could try the Grohetherm 2000 or 3000, they are thermostatic and allow
you to adjust the flow rate. there is a little button on the knob which
stops at about 8 lpm, press it in and you can increase upto 18 lmp (
depending on your supply. Extremely well made and reliable.

Joe

One point not covered that I have noticed is to consider if anyone has
any problems with particular controls. In this household one person
has arthritic hands and cannot cope with slippery knobs on taps or
shower controls. Some showers have levers available, possibly as an
option, for flow and temperature controls or a combined lever for
both.
I never thought about such matters when I was young but it
matters now to some of us.