Duane Bozarth

Hi all,

New to this group, longtime Usenet junkie. I'm doing a few home improvement
projects on a house we just bought and wondered if maybe I could hang out
for a while and run some ideas by y'all. I currently have a powder room
that has a hand-done parquet floor (really nice floor done by Randy Yost, in
Houston, circa 1975). There is a separate closet for commode and shower,
where the floor has been destroyed by a slow steady leak in the toilet. I'm
thinking of redoing that part of the floor with a single piece of black
granite. It would only be about 3*6, and need just a single cutout for the
toilet drain. I don't intend to let the new toilet just sit there and leak,
but I'm just wondering if there are any issues with using a Granite floor
for a wettish area, and in a single piece?

Thanks for any advice.

~Bill

Weight, primarily...how thick is this proposed piece?