FB

Default Moth Ball Smell in Central Air Conditioner

Last week, I opened a box of mothballs in my living room which were
eventually placed outside the rear of my house to prevent animals from
coming near.

Somehow, the smell of the mothballs is still lingering. I've tried electric
air cleaners, sprays, gels...and nothing works.

I believe the odor has gotten into my central air conditioning unit since
every time the A/C turns on, the smell gets worse.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the smell. I can't open the windows in the
living room because the moth balls are spread around the outside of the
windows.

TIA