Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

Montenegro wrote:

With the heat wave I have been using air conditioning for three days
in a row (central air). The relative humidity is now at 35% (too
dry!!)...

Congratulations. You must have one of those fairly airtight Canadian houses.

The problem is most humidifiers I have seen use some form of heat to
help increase the humidity. You don't what that. What you may want is
something like a swamp cooler that is often used in very dry areas.

A portable swamp cooler would work, or increasing the AC airflow? There
are lots of ways to increase the RH. Green plants, foutains in series
with humidistats, indoor misters, damp basement floors...

Agreed. Maybe he can raise his thermostat? Hey! 80 degrees at 35% humidity
ought to be pretty comfortable.....

The ASHRAE 55-2004 standard says 80 F at 55% would be comfortable.

Nick