Gideon

I believe that he was being advised to run the fan 24/7
during the cooling season. I sounds as if the air in his
house quickly stratified during the compressor off cycles.
His nice cool air was quickly sinking to the basement.
The cheapest way to work around this is to keep the
air continuously circulating.

==============================

All in One Service and Repair wrote in message
Generaly, when you leave the fan switch on, on. it is not in cooling mode,
it is in fan mode. I may be wrong but i thing he may have ment run the A/C
24-7, in other words, set it at a decent temp. and leve it be. dont cut it
on when it is to hot, by that time it has to work twice as hard to catch up.
The squirl cage fan stays cool to a certain extent when running, like a car,
it blows air over and around the moter to keep it cool. hope this helped

BE wrote in message
ink.net...
Just a question regarding the blower motor on my furnace. I just had the
evaporator AC coil replaced. I mentioned to him that even before it went
bad the home does not seem to stay cool for long. He told me to leave the
fan switch on the thermostat to on so that it blows 24/7

Well needless to say that makes a huge difference as the compressor isn't
needed as much.

My concern is will this shorten the life of the motor? And, is it ok to
leave the fan on 24/7 for 2, 3, 4, 5 days? My thinking is to leave it on
for whatever the duration of the heatwave. Correct?

Thanks...