TURTLE

"Walter R." wrote in message
I want to identify a circuit breaker for a disconnected stove in my main panel
(looks like # 6 red and black wires). This is a large house and the main panel
is a maze of wires and breakers (200 A service).

How can I tell which breaker controls this particular circuit? Can I just turn
off the main switch, short-circuit the wires, and turn the main on again? Will
this damage the Main breaker?

Thanks for your help

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

This is Turtle.

i don't think this will be too bad but turn on one burner on the stove on to and
have some one watch the light at the knob to see it go out when you flip all the
double breakers to see which one it is. go slowly and when you get the one that
goes to the stove the burner on light will go out and that is the breaker.

Now you do know it will be a double breaker and not a single breaker that cuts
it off.

TURTLE