badgolferman

PaPaPeng, 7/13/2005, 10:59:57 PM, wrote:

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:43:45 -0400, Bill Waller
wrote:

We are having our old deck replaced. What should I expect as a
"normal" spacing for the balusters on the railing?

Darn good question. If a person, babies included, can put the skull
through between the railings it is not too difficult to squeeze the
rest of a normal sized body through. Done it lots of times as a
school kid.

I built my deck with the railing slats at 4.5 inches.

--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.