Brian V

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello everyone,

I have a kitchen that unfortunately has a suspended ceiling (T Bar
system) with ugly textured 2x2 ceiling tiles. I'm doing some
renovations and I'd like to find a 2x2 tile that most closely resembles
a regular sheetrock ceiling (ie: smooth white no texture). I've looked
at HD and Lowes as well as many online sites but it's either really
expensive (ie: $25+ a tile) or still has some details/texture.

Anybody know where I could get flat plain smooth 2x2 tiles (it probably
needs to be mineral since I'll be adding some recessed lights and I've
read that it's a big no-no with the plastic ones).

Help will be much appreciated (btw: I'm in the Boston area if that
helps).

Thanks!

zeO

Why not simply buy some drywall, cut it into 2x2's and paint it? As long as
the celing is suspended properly it will take the weight.