Rick Dipper

Default Buying flat with recent building works................Nightmare or go for it??

On 27 May 2004 06:52:49 -0700, (ZZ2880) wrote:

We are in the process of buying a flat in a converted house which was
built in 1901. We have found out that there has been some issues with
subsidence due to tree roots and work has just been completed although
I'm not sure if the insurance company has recertified the house
yet............Given that it may need underpinning in a few years
(according to the other tennants) would this be a risky buy?? Should
we pull out?? Would this make it hard to sell???

From what you say, I would walk away, or if noting else, get an
insurance for your potential costs and lots of reports. Given I think
most reports are not worth much, due to the choise of words the
reporters use - walking would be a firm favorite.

Rick