Dr. Hardcrab

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Montenegro wrote:
With the heat wave I have been using air conditioning for three days
in a row (central air). The relative humidity is now at 35% (too
dry!!)and I am wondering if I should use a humidifier? The outside
temperature is 41 celcius here in Southern Ontario.

Thanks for any advise!

M.

The problem is most humidifiers I have seen use some form of heat to
help increase the humidity. You don't what that. What you may want is
something like a swamp cooler that is often used in very dry areas.
Somehow I doubt if that would be a great idea in the long run however.

Agreed. Maybe he can raise his thermostat? Hey! 80 degrees at 35% humidity
ought to be pretty comfortable.....