Jeff Wisnia

Walter R. wrote:

I want to identify a circuit breaker for a disconnected stove in my main
panel (looks like # 6 red and black wires). This is a large house and the
main panel is a maze of wires and breakers (200 A service).

How can I tell which breaker controls this particular circuit? Can I just
turn off the main switch, short-circuit the wires, and turn the main on
again? Will this damage the Main breaker?

Thanks for your help

If it was a 120 volt circuit I'd just plug a radio into it with the
volume cranked up so I could hear it go quiet when I flipped the correct
breaker.

But, since it's a stove circuit, you'd have to jury rig an outlet
between one of the hot leads and ground or neutral, and giving advice
like that to someone who asked the question the way he did isn't wise. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)