Philip Lewis

"PipeDown" writes:
Cheaper than a signal tracer is a multimeter. simply set its dial for AC

Also something that i didn't know was code legal until recently.
I used to think that all wires in a junction box had to be on the same
(or tied) circuit. I've since been told that that is not the case.
(not that i've witnessed an example, other than in sub/main
panels... but it's good to keep this in mind.) I'd be interested in
where this rule might be excepted/limited/stated (if it is explicitly
stated) if anyone with a NEC book is feeling generous.

So make sure to check *all* wires in that junction box. before working
with them.

Also good to lock out the main panel, or at least put up a note... in
case someone else is around that might flip the breaker back on (or
re-insert the fuse).

--
be safe.
flip