Joey Goldstein

Default Tuckpointing behind/underneath a soffit?

I was doing some minor tuckpointing (with that stuff that fits in a
caulking gun from Home Depot, Canadian Tire, etc.) around my house the
other day.

There is one brick that is completely loose/free at the top of one wall.
The very top of the brick is behind the underside of the soffit so I
can't get at the brick the way I need to in order to get some mortar
underneath it and around it. The only ways that I can touch the brick
puts it in danger of falling in between the brick wall and the wood
frame.

If I could remove part of the soffit so I could get at the brick I'd be
in business, but I don't know how to do this. It looks like whatever
screws/bolts/or whatever are holding the soffit in place are under the
eaves and/or shingles. But I haven't looked all that closely at it yet either.

Any thoughts, tips, advice, etc.?

--
Joey Goldstein
http://www.joeygoldstein.com