SteveB

"Pagan" wrote

The guy was asking a question. If he wasn't ignorant, he wouldn't need to
ask.

Ignorant, to me, means never having heard the answer to something. Once you
have heard it, you aren't ignorant any more if you don't choose to take it
in, but only dumb.

Truly stupid people are ones who refuse to learn.

And "ignorant" can also mean those who think they know everything. IMHO,
anyway.

We all can learn something every day. Lots of things every day. By
observing. By asking questions. By reading. Where would we be, though, if
all the smartass pompous ignorant know-it-alls were in charge instead of
people willing to pass along knowledge in the sacred relationship of
teacher/disciple. (disciple means student in the dictionary, and has
nothing to do with religion, BTW)

I hope I never stop learning.

Steve