The Natural Philosopher

Hzatph wrote:

I have two questions that I am sure you can help me with.

1. I have been told that it is a requirement to have a room thermostat on
the heating system even if every radiator has a thermostatic valve. Is this
the case? It would seem to be a nonsense.

You need an overall sta or a flow switch to stop the boiler when all the
rad stats have shut down..

2. Because of the proposed ground floor location of our new hot water
cylinder our Aga will not be able to heat it on a gravity thermosiphon. One
installer said a simple slow pumped system would work (with expansion tank
etc of course) - another said it would not. Any views?

Not sure on this pioint - aga themselves may know. I can't see why a
pump on a gravity system would not work tho.

Thanks