Martin Angove

In message ,
Peter Parry wrote:

On 15 Jul 2005 05:19:22 -0700, "Fash"
wrote:

Anybody got any other cheaper/easier/quicker ideas?

Much quicker,
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...52899&id=35582 (or
different sizes), expensive but very quick, simple and reliable.
Drill the hole and push the fixing in (after putting it around the
cable!).

For normal domestic cables, I suspect something which is basically round
and with a minimum usable diameter of 8mm may be slightly restrictive.
Also at the lower end of its range, it's going to need a very deep
hole. The pin plugs only need 15mm or so. Great idea for larger bundles,
though I do wonder about its strength when holding an inch-diameter
bundle of cables (as is suggested it is suitable for). Length of chunky
SWA anyone?

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... Become a programmer and never see the world!!