Hzatph

Default A heating and an Aga question

I have two questions that I am sure you can help me with.

1. I have been told that it is a requirement to have a room thermostat on
the heating system even if every radiator has a thermostatic valve. Is this
the case? It would seem to be a nonsense.

2. Because of the proposed ground floor location of our new hot water
cylinder our Aga will not be able to heat it on a gravity thermosiphon. One
installer said a simple slow pumped system would work (with expansion tank
etc of course) - another said it would not. Any views?

Thanks