NSM

"Chris F." wrote in message

I also have to wonder what's going to happen within 10 or 20 years, when
the landfills are full, and the economy perhaps in turmoil. ...

Or when terrorists sneak a nuke into a shipping container bound for
Wal-Mart? What level of crap will that cause?

No attack by terrorists will ever damage the USA, however the present
economic trends may well do it. With a majority of people living below the
poverty line there will be no sales or income taxes to fund an army to
invade foreign countries to 'protect' the oil from the locals - and no need
of oil anyway.

But all I can suggest is that you look into industrial process control and
PLC servicing. That can't be outsourced, and the nature of these beasts is
that they need an expert to fault find on site. You have the skills and the
expertise with test gear needed to work on these, something many
electricians do not have.

I've also considered repairing automobile computers. You might want to check
around town and find out if car repair shops are having success getting that
done.