Bob Urz

RichK wrote:
Thanks Sam,

You've helped me before.

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message

When you say "does not restart", does it try?

No it does not.

Compressors can run quite hot to the touch so that alone may not be that
significant.

You need to determine what is preventing it from restarting.

Today I removed the cover form the thermostat and deforst timer and banged
on the bracket. It caused the compressor to start. Been running since.
The temp inside was 70deg, so I'll let it run. Must be one of the devices.
If it stops again, I'll take both apart (if possible).

Also, are you sure it's not the defrost timer telling the compressor to
turn off for the defrost cycle, which can last 20 minutes or more?

I did think that, but this thing just stops and the temp goes up to room
temp and sits there. Timer would have timed out (assuming it's
functioning).

Rich

If your fridge is full of food, go down an bite the bullet and buy a new
defrost timer and put it in. I spent a lot of time jacking with mine
and lost some food in the process. If you do, look at the instructions
carefully. The aftermarket replacements are not quite the same as the OEM
part.

Bob