Tom Gardner

Default Alarm system motion detector

I talked to one of my engineer's son, a cop, about video and he said:
"Great Idea! Just show the video to the inner-city Cleveland cops of some
black men breaking in to your ghetto plant's refrigerators for food and the
cops will run right out and arrest a bunch of them in a city-wide dragnet."

"Jerry Martes" wrote in message

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
I'm still getting broken into almost every weekend again and the thieves
only get the employee's food in the refrigerators and make a mess. I
have
the tools locked-up. We have an ADT system with door contacts and 4
motion detectors. ADT wants $400 for a motion detector so my idea is to
install some or all of the 10 I bought for $14 ea. on a separate system
that triggers a relay to turn on a fan in front of ADT's motion detector.
However, a fan won't trigger the motion detector. I can't "cut-in" to
ADT's system actively so I need to do it passively...any ideas?

(I won't sit down here with a gun, I won't make a batch of Exlax
brownies!
I do have an armed guard service that is in here every couple of hours.)

Tom

If you are interested in seeing who is entering, theres an inexpensive
computer software program called "GOTCHA" that will record pictures on
your
computer whenever the image changes. It was originally designed to
identify whoever entered an area to access some guy's computer.

Jerry