"Franklin Newton" skrev i en meddelelse
ink.net...

1.Mold release to prevent the part sticking to the mold, one brand name is
Freekote, choose one that cures at room temp.

I found some silicon based stuff.... If I start by applying a layer of
polyester on the mold, let it harden and spray it with the silicon based
stuff, will this be enough?

2. The gel coat goes on first, that's what makes the smooth surface.

AHA!... I learned something new today :-)

3.Follow the directions for the resin system you have picked out, i.e.

cure
times for the gel coat before bond coats and fabric, shouldn't have any
problems.

The directions are on the cans, so that wont be a problem..

4. Do wear protective gear, you can build a reaction to the stuff over

time,
so no bare hands.

Yup... have heard about some poor aircraft maintenance person who sprayed
his arm w. resin by accident.. The story says that the arm more or less
rotted in a few weeks... Besides local OSHA codes on the fibreglass industry
are mad here...I think you'd need less protective equipment to walk on the
moon :-)

5. Good luck!

Thanks, and thanks for the input..

/peter