Gary Walker

"NSM" wrote in message
news:VacCe.135948$tt5.107243@edtnps90...

"Gary" wrote in message
. ..

It appears that this component can be replaced with
something like, for around $400-600. It also appears
that current models have the tuner/amplifier integrated
into a single unit, where the existing unit(s) are separate.

It's my opinion(only opinion) that replacement should
be the choice, rather than a repair attempt.

Perfectly serviceable but it's your choice. I even see them in thrifts,

the
only problem being testing them there.

That's my take on the whole thing. But, I will take this,
and the other suggestions into consideration. Problem
is, I don't know an RF from a DSP, and unless I find
someone I can trust, my scrutiny is suspect.

Thanks,

Gary