EdFielder

You could use a 4 1/4 hole saw to cut them from flat plate and then enlarge
the pilot hole to 5/8- then put a 5/8 bolt and nut through the hole and
turn the OD to size

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I have a need for some 4" circles of 1/8" steel. They have to be pretty

flat.
They will wind up with a central hole of 5/8". (Tolerance here is about

1/32",
not really machinist tolerances.) If I could think of a clever way to hold

them
by the 5/8" hole really solidly, I might be tempted to try grinding up a
trepanning bit - how hard can it be?

I suppose I could try cutting them with a circle template and a plasma

cutter,
or I could make up a bandsaw circle jig and try cutting them on the

bandsaw
(don't have a 24tpi blade though) or even borrow someone's hole saw and

try
banging them out in one go on the mill. I don't have access to a blanking

press.
I only need 3, so it isn't worth having them laser cut.

I have a few days before I need them. What's the easiest way to cut these?

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington