Dan_Musicant

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:21:47 -0600, "RZ" wrote:

:Hi...
:I have a GE Profile Model 18 Refridgerator (with a bottom freezer and no
:water-line hooked up) that we've had for 2 years....since last month it has
:been emitting a really "fruity" stale odor from the compressor area, which
:is really noticeable when the cooling fan comes on, because it blows and
:forces this odor out into the kitchen area. My wife is incredibly neat and
:clean, wipes any spills, etc. and there is no stains, or spills that may
:have leaked out to the compressor area. Matter of fact, I have lokked in the
:compressor area, and it is like brand new, no liquid or water or anything.
no dead mice either)
:so....where is this stink coming from? anyone else having this problem?
:This fridge is practically brand new, except the warranty is over. We still
:have 3 years warranty on the compressor, evaporator, coils.
:
:Any help would be appreciated
:thanks
:
I suspect that something got stuck or died in there and suggest you have
a good look with a flashlight, pulling the thing out from the wall if
necessary.