Ken Weitzel

N Cook wrote:

Are they still made ?
Just been sorting an old junk pile and there was a faded paper bag with a
couple of
Germanium AC126 trannies with highly distinctive red slide-on boots.
These were part of a Philips construction kit I got as a crissy pres a long
long time
ago. The board, I remember, was covered in springs to tie components
together
rather than soldering.

Hi N...

Sometimes there are advantages to getting on in years;
remember getting those for the kids many many years ago...

And about 10 years ago getting one for one of the grand kids...
Fond memories of the day we built it into a rain detector -
so that if we needed to know if it was raining all we needed
to do was take it outside and within a few minutes it would
tell us whether or not it was raining I think he's
still pondering the wisdom of that one

Anyway, they were made by (or at least labelled) Radio
Shack, and available in several different sizes (50 in one,
60, 75,150, 160, etc)

There are still some around, here's a link to two of
them at ebay...

http://search.ebay.ca/radio-shack-ki...fsopZ1QQfsooZ1

And if that's too long, search for radio shack kit If you're
lucky enough to have a youngster to share it with, grab one,
you'll both enjoy it

Take care.

Ken