Duane Bozarth

s wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:09:10 +0100, "Steve"
wrote:

I intend to make 3 curved rafters for a garden application. Each rafter
needs to be 7ft(L) x4inch(H) x 1-1/2inch(W) finished. The radius of the
curve will be 10ft.

If I didn't miss by a mile, I get that the total drop (assuming the 7'
is the chord length, not the arc) is just under 8". If so, why not
simply scribe the rafter on tuba-12 stock and cut them to shape? You
may be just under 4" depth, but not by much or you could cheat just a
little on the radius if the depth is absolutely critical.