firstjois

Jenn wrote:
[snip]

I guess what I'm asking is; I can
do the fence by myself, will
someone watch over the fence when it is done?

Jenn

Did you ask yourself, "Did my wife knock over the fence post so I would
hurry up and finish the kitchen?" Just kidding!

Is there ever a good solution to living next door to a jerk like this?

This 45" of "dirt" should probably be cemented in and before it sets, some
kind of iron grill from a restoration outfit dropped on top - so the jerk
can't just break the slab up. Then when the jerk dies or moves away you'll
have a nice solid platform for a few wooden planters (three? of different
sizes? redwood? geraniums?). Um, maybe you could paint the cement and grill
gold before you put the planters down, you know, after he moves away or
dies.

A couple of houses away from me a buddy had a similar problem and put up a
plain 42" chain link and planted a row of one of the faster growing holly
bushes along the fence. He said he was careful to leave some space for the
holly bushes to grow nice and fat and dense before they came close to the
fence. I think it has been three years and you can't see the fence
anymore - well, not from my buddy's side anyway.

On the other sides of his yard my buddy put up the fence he wanted, looks
nice, too, and the row of holly bushes looks great.

Get a set of motion sensor lights. Hook up a set of motion sensors that
turns on the hose and sprinkler instead of the lights (Wasn't that a fox
you saw in your yard last week?) you could alternate the hose and a car
alarm tape.

Have Sears install you nice ugly chain link fence so you have a bill in
your hand to take to court with the photos you took with the digital
camera. Stop off at the police station and ask about restraining orders,
they don't work but after a couple of police calls, your Sears bill, your
restraining order, digital camera photos?

Oh, don't forget to think about a sodium vapor light - big one on the
jerk's side of the house. They go on from dusk to dawn and after the jerk
gets used to it, dies, or moves away, you can turn it off and on from an
inside switch,

I think something inside us want to bandaide problems like this because we
have a hard time believing someone could be that much of a jerk? But you
need to think long term and you'll love those holly bushes - they look
great!

Josie