Pop

"G Henslee" wrote in message
twfsa wrote:

"Pop" wrote in message

"twfsa" wrote in message
news:hTXAe.44801$rb6.9376@lakeread07...

I have a pay phone in my home thats does not
require coins to make a call.

Do you think that the phone would operate in a
home with out coins in the UK, the same as in the
states?

Thanks

Tom

Well, yes and no. It might work but it would be
illegal to connect to their telephone network
because it wouldn't have their equivalent of UL, FCC
and other telecom specs. Their telephone networks
are quite different from ours. I used to do
international complaince testing for telecom mfgrs
and North American phones cannot pass their tests,
just as their phones cannot pass our tests. It's
not one better than the other, just different.

HTH

Pop

So it would be illegal to plug it into your home
phone modular jack in the UK?

Tom

Nope. Totally legal. Good luck twit.

Make up your mind, you twit. YOu just said it was
illegal in your other post.
Pay phones in particular have entireley different
electric characteristics than regular phones - but
being ignorant of such things you wouldn't know that
even though you try to put your worthless cents in.
When you have nothing to say, that's what you should
say.

Pop