Andrew Gabriel

Default Bodge central or is it just my house? ;-)

In article ,
Adrian Simpson writes:

Hmm, could have been the same person that did mine (when was Avocado the
in thing ?).

Around 25 years ago.

The pipe connecting the cistern to the WC is poorly fitted, so there is
a permanent leak on it (the good news is that it is a bungalow, so no
problems with ceilings below). Not suprisingly, the floor under the WC
is not in a good condition, and just for good measure, someone has
removed the joist in that area. The WC is sitting at a slight angle,
which is an interesting experience for visitors.

That happened in a rented house I lived in for a couple of years.
It was an upstairs bathroom in a 1969 Anglia Homes house (chipboard
everywhere). One day, the loo just keeled over, and was only stopped
from ending up in the kitchen sink below by the lino on the bathroom
floor. Fortunately, no one was sitting on it at the time...

--
Andrew Gabriel